Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BeachBody and P90X's lean program

In case you weren't aware....I'm female (or I hope that's a 'duh' statement to many :P) I'm a personal trainer. And I'm IN LOVE with BeachBody programs.

I have to admit....I don't know what was thought when the lean program was created. I have seen many women on the threads state that they 'just didn't see the results they were looking for, what's wrong with them?' Sure enough, the answer to the question 'which schedule were you following?'....always lean. Granted....the problem isn't all in the schedule. I know that....but I'm still honestly not a fan of the schedule (hey...beachbody can't please ALL the people ALL the time). Women are INATELY scared of weights (gah!!!!!....read my blog on this......). Women REFUSE to have reps HURT. And they apparently also INSIST on wasting their time by doing that.

The lean schedule is not where it's at. PUT IN CHEST AND BACK!!! Do some pullups (ok fine do them with the bands!!) do some pushups. Do them from your knees if you have to. Then next time do 1 from your toes and the rest from your knees. You know what you'll do? YOU'LL MAKE YOUR BODY A MORE EFFICIENT CALORIE BURNING WELL-OILED MACHINE. You will burn more calories throughout the day just by having more muscle. After chest and back, do plyo. And after that...SHOULDERS AND ARMS. This one is AWESOME. And make your arms sore at the end!!! You know why???? BECAUSE YOU WILLLLLLL NNNNNOOOOTTTTTT get muscles like Tony or Bobby Stevenson or Phil (what's Phil's last name? :P) I PROMISE!!! Look at Morain...I think that's her name...from chest and back--man that girl is SERIOUS!!! LIFT WEIGHTS.
Cardio is a necessity for cardiovascular fitness, but MUSCLE BUILDING IS WHAT YOUR BODY NEEDS. It's what YOU need if you want to RESHAPE rather than just being a smaller version of what you are now.

I've done my weight workout for the day....and you?

No comments: