Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lean vs other schedules

I typed this up for a fellow xer on my thread. I'm posting it here to kind of follow up about a blog I posted a couple weeks ago about the Lean schedule. It's kind of more a detailed reason I find out why EVERYONE doing lean has picked it...and most often recommend they go to classic.

I want to say this: about Lean....there are very very very few things about beachbody that I don't like or am not a fan of. This is one of them. The lean schedule. In order to remarkably transform your body, you have to work on the major muscle groups--chest, back, legs, and glutes. Often. Not every day (that's counter productive), but often. That way the body can really start to become SUPER efficient at burning calories and amp up the metabolism. The problem with lean is this: Tony's weight workouts that he does do in the X (that are heavy weight--not core syn) are too focused. They are WONDERFUL workouts....but they're too focused to be done so sporadically. Lean schedule would work with a total body weight workout...one that hits every major muscle group--not just a few muscles until they're obliterated. The Lean schedule would work MUCH better it's coupled with another series of weight workouts on the days he does them.
I still love, am infatuated with, all things beachbody and Tony Horton and the X....just wish the Lean program went with weight workouts like Road Warrior and Total Body + and the like.

No comments: