Thursday, April 2, 2009

A tiny bit more about the Adaptogen and Shakeology




So I've spent much time doing research about this little bugger!!! It's apparently a new, up and coming term in the nutrition world. And after what I've read I can understand why!!!

In America, many of us are on the go go go go go go go go. We do many many many things without taking good care of the ONE body we get. We need all the help we get with protecting our bodies, right down to the micro level.

We get just that from the adaptogenic plants!! They protect our bodies from stressors, either daily, extreme, chronic, or acute, and they help improve our recovery time. They help our mental and physical level of functioning. They also, as proven in studies, help to improve general health.

Why am I bringing this up? Beachbody just released something called Shakeology. Shakeology has not only proteins/amino acids (good for cellular, muscle, repair) anti-oxidants (protect the body from the aging process...think of it as the bodies defense against something like rusting), 23 minerals and nutrients, digestive enzymes, prebiotics, and phytonutrients. Adaptogens have some anti-oxidant properties (amongst more, clearly!) and Shakeology included 6 of the known 12 adaptogenic plants in the shake!! In one glass a day you can help to protect your body in so many ways--protection from stress included!!! Why not take all the help you can get!! I'm looking forward to expanding my support team that's for sure!!!

If you are interested in learning more about Shakeology, don't hesitate to shoot me an email. I'll continue to do research about different things in it :) especially my friend.

If you are interest in getting some Shakeology for either a meal replacement (hello, the healthiest meal--you should see the salad you'd have to have to be comparable--it's on my blog! WOW!) or a healthy snack (one super healthy snack), just go to my web site: askcoachlisa.com :)

No comments: