Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Don't be a foot-tapper

"In today's American society, we have a plethora of people who stand in front of a microwave, tapping their feet"

I heard this quote from a motivational speaker, Les Brown (mentioned him in a previous blog), on a conference call with BeachBody. (very great call by the way--very bummed I won't hear more at the summit :()

A microwave delivers things quickly--2 minutes, 3 minutes, 10 minutes to thaw something, etc etc etc. Don't be impatient--appreciate the speed in which you can get things!!

Let me also say--do not stand in front of the mirror, tapping your foot, expecting to see your abs pop because you cut out your weekly McDonalds trip.

This is going to sound incredibly harsh, but I have to bring it up.

It did not happen over night that you put the weight on. It will not happen over night that you take that weight off. Whatever amount it is 5lbs, 50 pounds, 100 pounds. I don't care. None of it will happen over night. NONE of it will happen without effort, commitment, energy, consistency, effort, commitment, energy, consistency, oh yea and a little sweat will help too ;-> There is no cheat to it; there's no easy way; there's no "Krispy Kreme Diet" (Think Bruce Almighty). Whatever route you choose to start wanting to see change in the mirror--it will all take continued, repeated, thorough discipline and a bit of sweat to amp it up.

I know I know I know....we're all human....each and everyone of us. Each and everyone of us will want a cheat meal here and there (here and there is not equivalent to breakfast lunch and dinner, sorry). I want my cheats and snacks too. But you have to make the commitment to jump on and stay on the bandwagon, not expecting to tap your foot, eagerly and impatiently anticipating when you can jump back off for good (that's what we call yo-yo dieting.....not fun either I know).

I'm inviting you to jump on the bandwagon, stick around, make some friends (ask me how) rely on me and your other new friends for help to stay there to keep that 'undo' of however much weight gain coming.

Don't be a foot-tapper. Be patient, put in some effort....you will reap rewards for those efforts.

No comments: