Sunday, March 22, 2009

I'm not a snob anymore

Not after doing a few of the 10 minute trainers. I should have known better. I should have known that Tony Horton would not put out a crappy workout. But, before I got them, I had my nose turned up. Not at the concept of them. Not at the super stacking theory. Not at anything, but the time. "10 minutes? Seriously? What is a whopping 10 minutes going to do for you?!?!?!?!" A good bit if you do it right that's for sure. But I like the workout long and hard. Give it all you've got and then some. (Do all that you can....and then two more is my theory :P)

On Friday night, I was running low on energy. Any other night like that, I would probably have just gone 'eh....I'll make it up with a double on another day.' I can take doubles. I love the challenge that doubles offer. Instead, I threw in both my TMT dvds and picked out three. I did cardio, total body, and abs. I had already done abs and knew that it was a killer 10 minute workout that definitely hit the core and did it well. I finished watching all the others, but didn't do them, so I didn't know what challenge they might be offering. I started them. By the end of the first 10 minute workout, cardio was first in line, I was dripping with sweat. Yea so what I looked like a dork (fortunately even Ryan wasn't around to laugh at me on this one :P) with the door attachment for the added challenge, but I enjoyed the workout.
Then came total body. 'Seriously, how much of the total body can you actually target in 10 minutes?!?!?!' Well, no, it's not an x+ workout that has your heart pumping and body going "Whoa!!!! Holy crap what in heaven's name was that?!?!?!" but you do hit every major muscle group and use the smaller muscle groups to support them.
Then came abs .. a second time. Yes still the same challenge as the first. Wow. 10 minutes can really get a good job done.

I will say this as a concession statement: I wouldn't do solely the 10 minute trainer. I wouldn't recommend sticking with the 10 minute trainer for years. I would absolutely recommend adding it to the repertoir on days that you're running on E, but you do have a tiny bit to give to a workout. I do absolutely recommend getting started with the wonderful 10 minute trainer, graduating to something longer, more extreme, but keeping this one around to add back in every now and then....just to head back to basics. It's a good one. So don't turn your nose up at the time, like I did. There's absolutely a place for it, somewhere in the mess of the schedule that we call our home :)
Keep bringing it all and leaving it all behind, buddies :)

No comments: